Looks great from the photo's

Monday 26 September 2011

weight

OK, still thinking about doing this trip, and have yet to ask work for the time off.  Carrying my kit across the US is pretty daunting, so am kinda looking into a tour.

http://www.adventurecycling.org/tours/tourdetail.cfm?id=281&t=EV12&p=2

I don't like the idea of it though, very tied into each day, not sure how flexible they are, if I want to stop off and relax for a bit, take some photo's etc.  Plus the food doesn't sound too great, I would preffer to eat in local places. Also,I would not like to camp.  The one thing going for it, or a couple of things really, is that they take your bags for you in a van to the next stop!  FAB!  I cant really enjoy the bike which is one of the reasons for wanting to travel lite.  Also they have mechanics to help with the bike, and I can draft and work as a team in the windy parts of the trip.  Do these outweigh the negs?  will see

1 comment:

  1. link has changed:
    http://www.adventurecycling.org/guided-tours/van-supported-tours/2014-transam-van/

    ReplyDelete