Looks great from the photo's

Saturday 5 May 2012

Test ride

Bike is back from the shop and the weathermen said it would be dry and about 10c.  Great, lets load the bike up with the new bags to see if they fit.  Took a bit of readjustment, mainly the saddle going back 1cm.  Go-Pro cam, well, where to put it.  Attached it to my helmet before I set off, no chance!  Way to heavy.  Knee strapped up and warped up warm I set off.  Bike felt much better and quicker, knee was mostly ok and the bags didn't wobble or fall off!  Result! 

I set off to Richmond to do a good 3-4 laps.  On the way it started raining, the temperature dropped and the wind picked up.  Weathermen now saying, oh yes it is going to rain today and its going to be windy so it will feel like 4c!!  Frozen to my bike I managed two laps, (7miles each), just as hypothermia settle in lol.  I felt I could have done much more, but the cold was too much, way too much.  Could not feel my toes, could not warm up or keep warm, so thought it best to come back for a bath.  Tomorrow the weathermen say 12c and sun.  I will get the snow shovel out then!



No comments:

Post a Comment