Looks great from the photo's

Saturday 19 May 2012

First day test ride

Well, what a day.  I didn't get as much sleep as i wanted last night, but felt better with what i got.  Met up with some more of the team which was good.  I caught a ride back out to the airport as one of the guys, Ubald, he needed to take his hire car back, that way I could get to Walmart and get a good practise ride in.  Walmart sucked for phones, all i wanted was to throw a sim card into my iphone, no joy.  They had other deals which were really misleading and wanted to charge you a lot, although if you check carefully, you can change your plan to get a much better deal.  Looks like I am going to have to go to AT&T to get a sim card. 

Riding back from the airport was so amazing!  Cycling in the US with a huge smile on my face, looking in every direction at houses, squashed tortoise, everything.  Even cars gave us a wide birth, fab!!!  We stopped off at some historical battlefields like Surrender, where we, the British and a few Germans, surrendered to the few Yanks and loads of French.  No one we lost if we had the Germans on our side ;)  Next it was down to Yorktown, or was it Jamestown, anyway, fantastic again.   Lots of jocks on the beach.  I didn't take my camera with me, wish i had.  Then over to Williamsburg and back to the hotel.

In the afternoon i popped out to Williamsburg again with Gina, ice cream and lots of walking.  Saw lots of great things, musket and cannon firings, fat people in double width wheelchairs.  Very pretty and worth a visit.  keep forgetting all the things i want to write, oh, and i didn't buy and tat!  oh, i had some lady from South Carolina say to me "I love your accent" lol.  FAB!  oh, we were so lucky today as well.  We were just about to head back to the hotel when we were given some free passes by some nice people, then when we were on the way out and lost, someone else gave us a map! 

Great day.

26.53 miles, not sure if i should add it in to the TransAm or not. 









No comments:

Post a Comment