Looks great from the photo's

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Possible disastrous training

Well, it's only just over a week till I leave for the trip.  The weather here in the UK has been the worst on record, according to the weathermen.  This means I've not gone out at all in April on my bike, just training at the gym.  I think this is going to seriously put me at a disadvantage for the trip.  It will be interesting to see how I get on, and if it is possible to do this trip on little training.  I had wanted to get out every weekend for a couple of rides, but its just not happened.  Not good.

Weather has slightly improved this weekend and managed to get down to Richmond park for just under 30miles and 2hrs of riding.  Again, the weather let me down.  It was meant to be around 10c with no rain.  Got out and with the wind, and then the rain, my weather app said it "feels like 4c" which it did!  Feet froze and even though I felt I could have cycled for longer, I was forced to go back home for a hot bath.  Sunday, I watched Sin City and The apprentice for about 3hrs of cycling on the turbo trainer.  Weather today is dry, so cycled into work, just under 6miles in 21mins 56sec.

I've strapped up my knee last week and that seems to be helping, although there is a dull ache, and a bit of bruising too now.  Hopefully it will be ok for the trip, but I feel that I'm going to have continuous problems throughout the trip.  May have to become a pill-popper! 

I'm looking fwd to meeting the rest of the riders, it should be interesting!  Hopefully they will all be cool and not crazy!  Everything for the trip is sorted and ready now.  I can't imagine any last minute panics.  A bit of fine tuning is all that is required.  For this mornings training session, I watched The Flying Scotsman:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472268/

So that was about 1hr 30mins on the bike.  Great great film, interested in finding out more about him now.

No comments:

Post a Comment